A lot has changed with Pinterest in the last year and there is a great deal of outdated info floating around the web.
One of those outdated items is how to change your Pinterest board image covers. We used to be able to do it in the app, but now that functionality is reserved for the desktop version. The app only shows a small collection of six images for every board.
If you’re wondering what the heck I’m talking about,
Pinterest Board Covers on a Desktop
Boards on the mobile version of Pinterest
No board covers, but a 6 picture collage:
You might be thinking if board covers aren’t on the mobile app and 75% of Pinterest traffic is from mobile usage, should you even worry about board covers anymore?
My opinion is yes, you should still curate your board covers. Since Pinterest has 100,000,000 users and although desktop is only 25% of that traffic, that still means Pinterest is accessed by 25,000,000 desktop/laptop computers. That’s a lot of possible followers and repins!
Plus, you don’t know when/if they will go back to board cover photos on the app.
If you’re cleaning up your boards and trying to make the covers more cohesive and in-line with your brand, here’s how to change your board covers in 2016:
Design & Change your Pinterest Board Covers
On a laptop or desktop (not the mobile version):
- Design your board cover, I set my image size to 375 x 250. Save.
- In your Pinterest profile, click the “+” in the top right corner.
- Choose “Upload from computer”.
- Choose your image, add a description, and choose the correct board.
- Go back to your profile, find the board you just pinned to, and click “Edit”.
- The 4th choice down is “Cover”, click “Change”.
- Using the arrow, find the image you just uploaded, and click “Save Changes”.
Voila! You have a beautiful new Pinterest board cover that you designed! If you want, you can go back to that image you just loaded and associate it to one of your related articles.
Now you can have curated boards that are both beautiful and true to your brand.
Latest posts by Jenna (see all)
- How to Build a Successful Blog with Limited Time - January 24, 2017
- How to Protect Your Privacy as a Blogger - January 17, 2017
- Blogger Tips for Goal Planning and JtB’s 2017 Business Plan - January 3, 2017